Structured Thinking and Communication Skills overview:
When trying to rally support for an idea, it’s natural for most of us to build our story by recounting supporting facts … finishing with the punch line “taa-daa, here’s my solution.” It’s also typical when we run into a problem—a client’s change of mind, a competitor’s latest maneuver—to grab for the quickest fix.
But these reactions don’t work in a fast-paced business world. Leaders (and your colleagues) are also working at top speed and need to quickly see your solutions … and then the supporting data. And while a problem does need a quick fix, speed needs to be matched with carefully weighed options. Higher-order thinking is demanded.
Structured Thinking and Communication Skills
is our latest one-hour Webinar that teaches you how to be hypothesis-driven in your work. These high-level skills will help you organize your thoughts … and the facts … so you draw more accurate conclusions; make better, faster decisions; and sell your ideas—and yourself—with objective data. Work smarter with better results. Sign up now.
A few highlights of this breakthrough course:
- Find out how being hypothesis-driven can make you more selective, efficient and effective in the work you do (and the work you don’t do)
- Create and build support for the “controlling idea”
- Understand how hypothesis-driven thinking and communication creates more efficient analysis, reduces message confusion and forces conclusion-oriented thinking
- Be able to clearly identify the core analyses you need to support your story
- Understand how to iteratively “sell” your story to stakeholders
- Determine and apply an effective presentation structure to convey your story—your thoughts and ideas—in a compelling manner
- Drive toward the “So what?”
- How to identify and communicate situation, complication, question and resolution
- Apply the Pyramid Principle and create presentations that anticipate and answer your audience’s questions quickly and effectively
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.