How to Comply With OSHA’s Lockout/Tagout Standard overview:
A worker reaches inside a jammed machine to try to fix it. It suddenly releases … crushing his hand. Steam, electricity, pressure—your workers face obvious and unexpected energy hazards in the routine maintenance and repair of on-the-job machinery and equipment. OSHA’s lockout/tagout standard 1910.147 protects them. But employer compliance isn’t as simple as just reminding employees to turn off or unplug the equipment first. And what happens when adjustments need to be made while a machine is on?
Employers must understand the rules for varying devices and situations—and how to educate workers and supervisors on those rules. Our new one-hour Webinar How to Comply With OSHA’s Lockout/Tagout Standard
examines all the specifics of this critical safety standard. Even minor violations are serious business—putting workers at risk and putting you, the employer, in the crosshairs of OSHA enforcement. Know the law. Sign up today!
A glimpse at a few of the topics we’ll cover:
- Learn when the lockout/tagout (LOTO) standard applies—and when it doesn’t
- Correctly apply the LOTO procedures for services or maintenance operations
- Correctly identify authorized, affected and qualified employees and determine who should have access to equipment, who must receive training and who must be certified
- Safely meet group LOTO requirements
- Correctly apply shutdown or isolation control measures required for the various types of machines and equipment
- Apply the LOTO-related provisions required when an energy-isolating device cannot be locked out
- Learn the employee training requirements and avoid the top LOTO citations
- Assess your Energy Control Program and determine if it meets OSHA’s requirements
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.