Navigating Gossip and Grapevines in the Workplace overview:
People talk. And while speculation about a new boss, a merger or new products is common and even healthy, gossip can get more personal and more damaging. And sometimes, if the chatter is about you, it can be isolating and hurtful.
What can you do … short of simply ignoring everyone around you and being out of the loop completely?
Join us for a new, one-hour Webinar to find out. Know how to steer clear of damaging workplace gossip. Get tips on what to say to address it … or shut it down completely. Even find out how to use it to your advantage. When office chatter crosses the line, starts inhibiting your productivity or makes you uncomfortable, know what to do.
A few of the discussion points:
- “Did you hear about …?” The perilous trap that gossip sets and its damaging effects if it catches you
- It’s not all bad: The positive side of gossip
- How to gracefully sidestep getting sucked into gossip yourself
- When gossip crosses the line into harassment and what to do
- How to tactfully get the truth out on the table
- Confronting someone who is spreading rumors about you
- Using the grapevine to your advantage
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.