Mental Illness & Depression Under the ADA overview:
More and more employees are requesting accommodations for mental illness under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments Act (ADAAA). It’s absolutely vital that you understand exactly what’s covered—and how to balance your organization’s responsibilities with your employees’ rights.
When you attend Mental Illness & Depression Under the ADA
, you’ll learn what to do when an employee requests accommodation … what’s covered under the ADA … and even how to address the mental illnesses that aren’t, but may be a subject of concern for you or your employees.
This training is critical for all HR employees.
Look forward to covering these key areas:
- Employer and employee rights under the ADA and ADAAA
- The variety of reasonable accommodations possible to address mental illness—and those accommodations beyond the scope of the Act
- How to address a mental illness that is not covered by the ADA since it doesn’t rise to the level of a disability, including some issues relating to stress—those outside the scope of the ADA (sexual behavior disorders, compulsive gambling, and disorders created by illegal drug use)
- What to do when an employee requests an accommodation due to a mental illness
- What to do when an employee doesn’t request an accommodation due to a mental illness but you suspect the existence of one—how to avoid “regarded as” violations of the ADA
- How the ADA and the FMLA work together—and what to do when they appear to be at odds with each other
- Tips on best practices when working with an employee who has a mental illness
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.