Managing Controversial Conversations in the Workplace overview:
Race, religion, politics and sex make for sensational news … and lively conversation. But when these topics pop up in the workplace, strong, diverse viewpoints can lead to hurt feelings, anger and conflict. As a manager, you must control this banter—before it damages work relationships, or worse, escalates to the point of harassment or discrimination. But where is the line between creating a corporate police state, violating First Amendment rights to free speech and still being able to intercede in this prickly chitchat?
Get clarity. Managing Controversial Conversations in the Workplace
is a one-hour Webinar packed with information about employment law and your options. Prepare by fully understanding the legal concerns and your role as a leader. Enroll now and ensure a safe and respectful workplace.
The key learning points from this important communication program:
- Learn how to proactively manage or stop inflammatory workplace conversations
- How to respond to the employee who expresses inflammatory views in the workplace—without violating his or her First Amendment rights
- Help employees understand the difference between protected speech and conduct that is prohibited by policy and law
- When a controversial issue is national news: Professional and appropriate ways to address the elephant in the room and shift the focus to getting business done
- Create a clear expectation and understanding that inappropriate comments, including controversial conversations, will not be tolerated
- Tips for coaching and training employees who may not be aware their behavior is inappropriate or offensive
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.