How to Handle Emotionally Charged Situations in the Workplace overview:
There’s no such thing as an emotion-free workplace. In fact, a certain amount of passion shows that people are engaged and care about the work they do. But when tempers flare and people start pointing fingers and saying things in anger or frustration, relationships can be damaged. Credibility and careers are at stake.
Managing emotional tension, anger and confrontation can be tricky … but necessary to keep the workplace running smoothly—and keep a lid on the stress caused by unresolved conflict. Each of us is paid to be emotionally mature at work. How to Handle Emotionally Charged Situations in the Workplace
is a unique one-hour course that will teach you how to tame high emotions; turn conflict into an opportunity to build stronger, more positive working relationships; and control unproductive emotions and build cooperation. Enroll now.
A look at your agenda:
- Understand the 3 C’s of conflict communication so you act with the goal in mind
- Get tips on the right words to use in emotionally charged situations—words that help an angry person feel more in control
- Learn techniques to calm yourself down quickly so you’re more effective
- Respond rather than react and minimize the impact of difficult people and situations
- Take the focus away from being right and see how it makes you more effective
- Get tools for constructive confrontation … keeping the focus on the issue
- Avoid setting up a win-lose situation and the defensiveness it triggers
- Understand boundary statements and how to use them when dealing with a difficult or angry person
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.