FLSA: Understanding Exempt and Nonexempt Overtime Regulations overview:
When the Department of Labor’s new federal overtime rule takes effect, will you be ready? The expected FLSA salary level updates and overtime protections demand a clear understanding of exempt vs. nonexempt employee classifications and the “tests” used to make that determination. That may seem pretty straightforward until you, as an HR professional, are called on with questions that fall into the gray areas: Bonuses, seasonal workers, weekly compliance, comp time, sales commissions and more. Know the facts … so you understand your options and have a plan when it’s time to move forward.
Get the critical updates you need in this one-hour Webinar. You’ll get easy-to-understand information about the FLSA and this pending overtime change. Your complete understanding will enable you to better manage and intervene when it comes to fair compensation for your workers … and your obligations under the law. Enroll today!
A few of the many things you’ll learn:
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), what it covers and why it exists
- Clarify the difference between exempt and nonexempt
- Recognize the 6 classification criteria
- Problematic pay practices that may put an employee’s exempt status at risk
- Identify the basic rules for nonexempt employees to avoid costly fines and penalties
- How to identify and change a job’s classification based on these new rules
- Get guidance on keeping managers and employees informed about FLSA changes
E-mail this page to a friend
What if your whole department could attend?
They CAN, and it costs you nothing extra!
When you sign up for a SkillPath Webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one Webinar connection. A single connection covers unlimited participants, so buy as many connections as you need for multiple locations—the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is up to you! The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up–to–date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Unique benefits of SkillPath Webinar training
- Train as many people as you like. Your registration fee covers one Webinar connection. Any number of people can join you … 1 … 10 … your whole department. It’s up to you!
- You don’t have to leave your office. The entire training session is conducted from the convenience of your desk or meeting room.
- No fancy technology required. A high–speed Internet connection is all the equipment you need. Just log in and start learning.
- No wasted time. Our compact, one–hour sessions fit into the busiest of schedules. In no time, you’re back on the job using the wealth of relevant information you gained.
- Gain the insights and views of leading experts. Our trainers are hand–picked for their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver an enormous number of drilled–down skills in a short period of time.
- You have nothing to lose. Give us an hour and we’ll show you just how effective SkillPath Webinar training is. We promise you’ll be satisfied—even jazzed—about the new learning experience. Or your money back.