Collections Law overview:Collecting money owed you can be a very difficult task, and if you don’t follow the letter of the law, the legal repercussions can be catastrophic. And to make you job even harder, the laws keep changing! It is imperative that you keep up with—and completely understand—the changes to collection laws in order to protect yourself and your organization.
The right way can make all the difference! This Collections Law audio conference will teach you the specific laws … the most current updates … the lines you cannot cross—all the in’s and out’s that you simply must know to keep yourself on solid legal ground. The information contained in this intensive hour will make your job easier, decrease your stress levels and give you more confidence when faced with clients who try to intimidate you—or avoid you altogether.
This unique collections law training event will equip you with the need-to-know skills necessary to do your job more effectively, keep your company out of court and increase your value as a collections professional. Don’t wait another minute. Sign up today!
In this audio conference, you’ll learn:
- Understanding the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act: What you need to know to be effective while avoiding legal prosecution
- A simple action that will protect your company from Truth in Lending Act violations
- Issues you’ll face sooner or later that are related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- HIPAA: Could you be violating a customer’s privacy without even realizing it?
- Handling billing disputes … when the Fair Credit Billing Act applies
- The differences between commercial and consumer bankruptcy
- How to go about using a promissory note to reduce risk—and get paid
- What to do about customers who have absolutely no intention of paying you