In Social Media Marketing, participants will learn...
- How to determine your social media goals and develop a plan to reach them
- Identifying which social media platforms will work for you
- Promoting your organization in a way that will generate real followers
- Do’s and don’ts to maximize your online presence
- And much, much more!
It’s everywhere you look; everyone from teenagers to grandmothers is Tweeting, sharing photos and updating statuses. It’s changed how people connect with one another, and that means old marketing tactics aren’t as effective as they once were.
But just jumping into social media without a plan can be worse than having no presence at all.
Organizations that are effectively using social media have one thing in common: They have a clearly defined plan. They know what they want to achieve from their efforts, which tools work best for their needs and how to get results.
Social media marketing isn’t like traditional marketing. It’s a two-way street, one that allows you to engage in conversation with people and handle customer service issues immediately. But if you aren’t up to date on the latest social media techniques, you may be doing more harm than good. Don’t let your organization develop a negative reputation.
No matter whether you’re a complete social marketing newbie or a veteran, this two-day course has all the information you need to take your social media efforts to the next level and generate real results! Enroll today.
Click on a title to view details
Social Media: An Introduction+
- What is social media? Why is it important?
- Who is using social media and why
- Social media vs. traditional marketing
- Your organizational brand and social media marketing
What Makes a Good Social Media Campaign+
- Developing goals for your social media campaign
- Implementing a plan that works for you
- Using social media as a customer service tool
- Creating a social media campaign that suits your needs
- Determining your target market
Social Media Platforms—Choosing the Right One for Your Needs+
- The big boys—Facebook® and Twitter™
- Other players—LinkedIn®, YouTube™, MySpace™ and Wikipedia®
- The up-and-comers—Pinterest®, Instagram®, Google ™ and more
- Check-ins—Foursquare®, Groupon and other location-based options
- Blogging, podcasts and how they fit in with your social media plans
- Tools to help manage your campaign
How Success Is Measured+
- Metrics—what to look for to measure impact
- Different tools to measure your influence
- ROI—the numbers that really matter
- Fans, likes, page views, Tweets and more: Different ways to measure success
Finding Your Voice+
- Creating compelling content that will encourage followers
- Key words—how to use them the right way
- Simple ways to come across as authentic
- Easy ways to gain brand legitimacy
Click on a title to view details
Increasing Your Reach and Engagement+
- How often to post—strategies for finding what works for you
- Paid media, pay-per-click ads and paying for followers—a good idea?
- Developing timing, target and tone
- Strategies for creating and maintaining a conversation
- Building a thriving community—a how-to
Best Practices to Help You Maximize Impact+
- Connecting, amplifying and maintaining your social media presence
- Monitoring your campaign—how much time should you spend?
- Avoiding damaging your brand
- Virality and how to encourage it
- Using social media to uncover missed opportunities and turning fans into customers
- Mistakes to avoid: What not to do
Managing Your On-line Reputation+
- Why it pays to be likable
- Strategies for writing posts and Tweets that will generate interest and responses
- The best way to handle criticism—respond or ignore?
- How to turn negatives into positives
Case Studies From Successful Social Media Campaigns+
- How great organizations use social media
- Handling negativity—examples of dos and don’ts
- Big and small organizations—how they differ and how they’re alike
Applying What You’ve Learned+
- Reviewing what you’ve learned
- Determining how to apply your new knowledge for maximum impact
- How to generate and maintain your social media momentum